Canby, Oregon Home Inspection
We provide full home inspections, mobile home inspections, radon testing, mold testing, and sewer scopes for Canby, OR residents.
Canby, Oregon Home Inspection
Welcome to Nonprofit Home Inspections, providing high-quality home inspections in the Canby, OR and surrounding areas. Our goal is to provide our customers with comprehensive home inspections to help make buying or selling a home easier.
If you are in the market for a new home, then you know that there is a lot that goes into buying a home. With everything else that you have to do, you might wonder if you can skip the home inspection. Home inspections are an essential part of the home-buying process. Buying a home without getting a home inspection is the same as buying a car without even lifting up the hood. A home inspection gives you a detailed overview of the functioning of major systems within your home. It lets you know if you’ll likely need to replace your furnace in a couple of years. A good home inspector can tell you if your wiring is faulty.
Home inspections are great for sellers too. A home inspection can help you sell your house faster and for potentially more money. A home inspector can tell you about your home’s strengths. You can highlight these things in your listing to gain an edge over the competition.
Why bother with a home inspection if you are a landlord? A home inspection can help you better maintain your investment. It can help you prioritize repairs and discover things that could end up costing you a lot more money if not taken care of promptly. Renters don’t have an interest in the property other than renting it short-term. You can’t rely on them to tell you if something isn’t working properly or is broken. They may not even notice. A home inspector can be a great ally. They can ensure that your properties are well-maintained and safe. An inspector can help uncover issues early before they turn into expensive problems.
Do you have concerns about the condition of your home? Maybe you have noticed some cracks in the foundation of your home or you’ve found visible watermarks on the ceiling. You’re wondering whether or not you should be concerned with these things.
A home inspection will help clear up any doubts or concerns that you have about your home. It will also help you decide what repairs you need to make right now and which ones can wait.
What Does A Full Home Inspection Cover?
Home Inspector Canby, Oregon
Our full home inspections are comprehensive and cover all of the major systems and components of your home. Here are just a few of the things that we will review during your full home inspection.
- Roof – We’ll inspect the structural integrity of your roof. We look for major defects and water damage. We also examine skylights, flashing, vents, gutters, skylights, and more.
- Foundation and structure – Our home inspections include a careful examination of your foundation. We’ll visually examine the exterior looking for signs of cracks, damage, and separation. We also look for leaning walls and doors, sticking windows and evidence of structural issues.
- Exterior – We’ll examine for damage to your siding. We look for holes, cracks, and water stains on the siding. Patios, fences, and steps will be examined for damage and overall condition.
- Plumbing system – A home inspection includes a careful look at your water heater for signs of leaks and other damage. We’ll also let you know the age of the water heater and when you might expect to replace it. Other things examined during a home inspection includes showers, drains, and faucets.
- Heating and air conditioning (HVAC) – An HVAC inspection includes a look at your furnace, thermostat, and blower. We’ll inspect the condition of HVAC equipment and test the efficiency, as well.
- Electrical system – We’ll do a thorough examination of your entire electrical system. Some of the things looked at include the grounding systems, main panel, and testing of smoke and carbon monoxide detectors. We’ll alert you to any safety hazards.
This is not an exhaustive list of everything that we examine. Our inspections are comprehensive and look at hundreds of different components.
Additional Home Inspection Services
Mold is a type of fungus that occurs naturally in the environment. There are hundreds of different types of mold found both indoors and outdoors. Mold requires moisture to grow. It damages the material that it lives on. Signs of mold in a home or building include moldy carpets, musty odors, and soggy drywall. Common sources of mold in a home include roof leaks, water leaks, and damp basements. Mold can result in serious health issues to occupants of the home and cause structural damage to the building itself. This is why the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends removing mold from buildings if it is present.
At Nonprofit Home Inspection, we are certified to conduct mold testing by the International Association of Certified Indoor Air Consultants (IAC2). This certification allows us to provide you with reliable mold testing results. After mold testing, we’ll provide you with a MoldReport™ that lets you know the level of mold exposure in your home. You’ll also get a detailed analysis of the types of mold present.
Oil Tank Sweeps
We also offer Canby, Oregon oil tank sweeps. If you are buying a home, it is in your best interest to determine if there is a buried oil tank somewhere on the property that you are buying. Buried oil tanks pose many problems for homeowners, which is why it is prudent to take care of this issue before you close.
As a homeowner, it is also a good idea to invest in an oil tank sweep. The Environmental Protection Agency estimates that there are more than 500,000 buried oil tanks in the U.S. Many homeowners don’t even know that the tanks are there. Unfortunately, these tanks can leak and a leak can go undetected for many years leading to soil and groundwater contamination. An oil tank sweep will help you determine if there is an oil tank buried on your property.
Contact Us To Schedule Your Home Inspection!
Contact us today to schedule your home inspection. We offer flexible appointment times and provide you with same-day reports. Schedule your inspection online at your convenience. Call us at 503-505-7879 to schedule your appointment with one of our Canby, Oregon home inspectors.