Home Inspection – Washougal, Washington
Home Inspector – Washougal, Washington
Hiring a home inspector is one of the best pre-home buying strategies a home buyer can use.
Buying a home without a home inspection is a huge gamble. A Washougal, WA home inspection lets you know more about what you are getting for the money.
Benefits of Washougal, WA Home Inspections
The value of a high-quality home inspection can’t be understated. A home inspection can help you:
- Prepare for future costs. A home inspector will let you know the approximate age of the furnace, roof shingles, hot water heaters, and other elements in your home. This can help you prepare for future costs. If you are buying a new home, you’ll get a better idea of the cost of maintaining your home. If you are a homeowner, it can help you prioritize repairs.
- Put your mind at ease. If you are buying a new home, a home inspection can give you confidence in the sale. You will know the true condition of the home and have a list of any issues that needed to be addressed. This can help alleviate some of the risks of buying a new home.
- Uncover problems that you might miss. You’ve found your dream home and done a pretty thorough walk through. Everything looks good. However, all that you can see is what is visible to you. A home inspection can reveal problems that are not evident to the untrained eye.
- Negotiate for the cost of repairs. A home inspection will make you aware of what repairs are needed. You can then figure out the costs and negotiate with the seller for repairs.
- Know how to maintain your home. Home inspectors don’t just tell you what is wrong with your home. We also provide you with important information about how to maintain your home. You’ll receive tips that will help you keep your house in top shape.
Washougal, WA Home Inspectors
You only need to scour the internet to find numerous home inspectors in Washougal, Washington. However, choosing the right one is key. You need a home inspector who is qualified and can spot potential problems, as these could have a significant impact on your satisfaction with your future home.
Our home inspectors are licensed, bonded, and insured. We have years of experience in the building trades, home inspection, and related fields.
Full Home Inspection – Washougal, WA
Home Inspection – Washougal, Washington
Our Washougal, Washington full home inspections include a review the condition of your home’s major components and systems from the roof to the crawl space and everything that is accessible in-between. Here are just a few of the things that we cover in our full home inspections.
Roof and Exterior
A home inspection includes an examination of the roof and exterior of your home. This includes the roof components, eaves, soffits, skylights, gutters, and vents. We’ll also review exterior windows and doors, decks, fences, and patios. Garage doors are inspected, as well as garage door openers. We’ll take a look at the grading of your lot for proper drainage away from the home.
We do a check of the grounds of your property. We evaluate decks, retaining walls, driveways, sidewalks, and other attached structures for any issues. Grading is examined for proper drainage away from the foundation.
We’ll examine the structural components of your house. We look for things like cracking and irregular setting on the foundation. Examining the floors, walls, and ceilings allow us to identify signs that may indicate a structural problem.
The condition of visible plumbing supply lines, fixtures, faucets, and more will be examined. The hot water heater, drains, dishwasher plumbing, and washer and dryer plumbing are all examined, as well. We’ll look for leaks and drainage problems in sinks, toilets, showers, and tubs.
An inspection includes a review of the electrical system of your home. We’ll take a look at the main service panel, wiring, outlets, and switches. We’ll ensure that correct wiring practices have been followed. We also test switches and Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter outlets (GFCI) for proper and safe operation.
The attic is probably not the first thing on your mind when buying a home. But, it plays an important role in your home and should be evaluated. During a full home inspection, we’ll look for adequate insulation, proper ventilation, and signs of moisture penetration in your attic.
The interior portion of the inspection includes a detailed look at stairways, floors, walls, ceilings, and railings. We’ll check windows, doors, and locks for proper functionality. We’ll look for signs of water damage that could indicate the need for mold testing.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) – Washougal, WA Home Inspections
Get answers to your frequently asked questions about home inspections here.
The Appraisal Was Great – Do I Still Need A Home Inspection?
Yes — even if the appraisal report shows that the value of the house is above the asking price, you shouldn’t be swayed into thinking that you don’t need a home inspection.
Can You Tell Me Whether Or Not I Should Buy A Home?
No, we cannot tell you whether or not to buy a home. However, the information from a home inspection report can give you valuable intel that can help you decide.
Do You Make Repairs?
We don’t make repairs on properties that we inspect. We follow the Washington Standards of Practice for Home Inspectors, which considers it a conflict of interest for inspectors to offer to make repairs on defects found during the home inspection. We recommend having the seller fund the repairs and then choosing a licensed, insured, and bonded contractor to do the work. After the repairs have been made, we can do a re-inspection to ensure that they were done correctly.
Contact Us For Your Washougal, WA Home Inspection
We’d be happy to answer any questions that you still have about home inspections. Give us a call at 1-360-558-7600. Are you ready to schedule a home inspection? To get started, simply fill out this convenient online home inspection scheduling form.