Home Inspection Florence, Oregon
Nonprofit Home Inspections provides outstanding home inspections, radon testing, and mold testing in Florence, Oregon. Based out of Eugene, Oregon, our Florence, Oregon home inspector also provides home inspections for Eugene, Springfield, Corvallis, Albany and other nearby communities.
A home inspection is a very useful tool for home buyers, sellers, current homeowners, and landlords. It can provide incredibly useful information to help you make a good home buying decision, sell your home faster, or keep up with home maintenance.
Nonprofit Home Inspections is proud to announce that we have expanded our home inspection services from Portland, Eugene, and Vancouver. We now be provide first-class home inspections to residents in the Florence, OR area.
That picture-perfect house that you are about to purchase could easily turn into the worst investment that you could make. That historic home that has been flipped into a cute, modern bungalow could be hiding serious structural and mechanical issues. Some unscrupulous flippers put cosmetic fixes on homes to hide serious problems with the home. A home inspection is an affordable way to discover whether or not the home that you are about to buy is in good shape and safe for you and your family.
As a home seller, you may think that you don’t need a home inspection since most buyers opt for home inspections. Because home inspections are so thorough, they’ll likely uncover defects that you weren’t even aware of. Not being prepared can give the buyer the upper hand when it comes to negotiating the price of your home. It might even kill the sale of your home altogether.
Don’t let that happen. Instead of waiting around for the buyer’s inspection to learn about problems, contact us to get a pre-listing home inspection. This piece of valuable information can help you iron out issues before listing your home.
Why Choose Us For Your Florence Oregon Home Inspection?
There are many reasons why you should choose Nonprofit Home Inspections for your home inspection.
- We have specialized expertise and know-how – Our home inspectors are skilled and experienced. Many have worked in remodeling, construction, and other building trades before becoming home inspectors.
- We are licensed, bonded and insured – We adhere to the Oregon Standards of Practice for licensed home inspectors established by the Construction Contractors Board (CCB). We also follow strict guidelines adopted by the International Association of Certified Home Inspectors (InterNACHI), for home inspectors.
- We provide unbiased results – We are a nonprofit organization and our number one priority is delivering high-quality, honest home inspection services. Our underlying goal is to ensure that all homeowners have a safe and healthy place to live. Therefore, we produce unbiased reports that let you know the true condition of your home.
- We offer same-day reports. It is important to get information quickly when you are buying or selling a home. We offer a quick turnaround on our home inspection reports. You’ll get your report on the very same day that your inspection is done.
- We are a one-stop-shop for all of your home inspection needs – At Nonprofit Home Inspections, we offer a complete range of home inspections, including sewer scopes, radon testing, mold testing, and more.
Full Home Inspections in Florence, Oregon
A full home inspection is a non-invasive examination of a property. We use high-tech thermal imaging to reveal problems that could be otherwise missed. A full home inspection includes a look at the following components in your home.
- Exterior and grounds
- Basement or crawl space
- Foundation and structural elements
- Roof and drainage
- Attic and ventilation
- Windows, doors, walls, and ceilings
- Interior plumbing
- Electrical system
- Heating and air conditioning system (HVAC)
- Kitchen and built-in appliances
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) About Home Inspections
Here are some of the most frequently asked questions about home inspections.
Can Anyone Purchase A Home Inspection From Nonprofit Home Inspections?
Yes! Our nonprofit mission is to widen access to high quality home inspection services for all residents. We want ALL homeowners to have high-quality home inspections. So, anyone can order a home inspection from us. We do offer a sliding fee scale that is based on income. Check out this page to see if you are eligible for a reduced fee.
What Other Home Inspection Services Should I Get?
During the life of a home, many things can occur to the sewer that the homeowner may not even be aware of. Examples include pipe collapse, tree root intrusions, and debris accumulation in your lines. A sewer scope can identify all of these issues and more.
If the home that you are purchasing is more than 20 years old or if trees are planted on or near your property, a sewer scope is a must. Even brand new homes sometimes have defective sewer lines. Therefore, sewer scopes can be helpful for newer homes, as well.
A sewer scope is a non-invasive inspection of your home’s sewer lines from the connection to the mainline. Our inspectors use high-tech thermal imaging equipment to determine the physical state of your sewer lines.
We strongly recommend getting mold testing done if you are buying a house. If you are a home seller or homeowner and have any suspicion that you have a mold problem, then you should also get mold testing. Signs of mold include peeling wallpaper, dark spots on the walls or ceilings, and a musty smell. Also, if you have ever had flooding inside your home, you should have it tested for mold.
Radon is a radioactive gas that is known to cause lung cancer. This gas is a silent killer — you cannot see, smell, or taste it. The gas occurs naturally in the soil. It is the byproduct of decaying uranium. Radon can build up under your home and enter through foundation cracks, the basement or other areas.
The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) says if the level of radon in your home is at or above 4 pCi/L, then you should reduce it. Fortunately, radon can be reduced with a mitigation system.
Radon testing is the only way to know the level of radon in your home. See if you qualify for a FREE diy radon test kit.
Can I Attend The Home Inspection?
Yes! We highly recommend that you attend the home inspection. Buying a home is a big investment. We want you to understand exactly what we find during the inspection. You are always welcome to ask questions or voice any concerns about the inspection.
Schedule Your Home Inspection
Schedule your home inspection in Florence, Oregon today. We also serve Eugene, Springfield, Corvallis, Albany and other surrounding Oregon communities.