Home Inspection Milwaukie, Oregon
Home Inspector Milwaukie Oregon
Home Inspection Milwaukie, Oregon: Offering full home inspections, radon testing, oil tanks sweeps, and mold testing to residents of Milwaukie, Portland, Happy Valley, and surrounding Oregon communities.
Buying a new home is one of life’s biggest investments. Make sure you are making the right choice with a quality home inspection. Home inspections are an important part of the home buying process and can save you money over the long run. Your dream house might look perfect from the outside, but you never know what is lurking behind the walls. Hidden dangers like mold can make you and your family sick and cost you thousands of dollars in repairs over the long run. If you want to decrease your chances of unexpected problems later on, then you need a home inspection.
Milwaukie, OR Home Inspections
At Nonprofit Home Inspections, we provide quality home inspections to Milwaukie OR area residents. We are committed to following the highest standards in home inspection. Our home inspectors have years of experience in construction and home inspection.
Our in-depth full home inspections cover the major systems and components of your home. Here are examples of questions that you can expect to have answered during a home inspection.
- Foundation and grounds – Are there indications of drainage issues, moisture intrusion, cracks in the foundation? Are the gutters installed properly?
- Structure – Are there indications of structural deficiencies in the walls, floors, or framing of the house?
- Basement or crawlspace – Are there any signs of moisture intrusion? Is there enough insulation?
- Roof – Is there missing flashing, moisture intrusion, or damaged shingles? What is the approximate age of the roof?
- Electrical – What is the shape of the main panel, outlets, fuses, breakers and other electrical components of your home?
- Heating and air conditioning system (HVAC) – Is the HVAC system operational? What is the condition of the duct work, furnace and other HVAC components?
- Plumbing – Are the supply and drain lines, pipes, and water heater in good shape?
- Built-in appliances – How old are the appliances? Are they working properly?
Milwaukie, OR Mobile Home Inspections
Home Inspection Milwaukie, Oregon
Are you thinking of buying a mobile home? Mobile homes can be a great investment. They cost less than single family homes and usually require less upkeep. Although they may cost less than other types of housing, mobile homes are still a big investment. To make sure you are making a wise decision, you should have a mobile home inspection.
A mobile home inspection is similar to our full home inspection but is tailored to manufactured homes. It can help answer the following questions.
- Roof and gutters – Is the roof in good shape? Are there missing or damaged shingles? Is the roof in danger from nearby trees, power lines or other things that could be a hazard in high wind? Are there properly functioning downspouts and gutters?
- Foundation – If on a permanent foundation, is the mobile home level? Are there tie-downs if on a temporary foundation?
- Structure – Are the windows and doors functioning properly?
- Electrical – Are there any problems with the main panel, outlets, or light switches? Are there any electrical problems issues that could pose a fire hazard? Do all of the smoke detectors work and are they installed in the proper locations? Are ground fault interrupters installed near water service areas?
- Plumbing – What is the state of the interior pipes, lines, and faucets?
- Heating and air conditioning (HVAC) – Is the unit getting close to its expected life? Is it working properly?
These are just a few things that a Milwaukie, Oregon Mobile Home Inspection covers. You’ll get a full report that gives you a detailed look at all of the major systems in your home.
Additional Milwaukie, OR Home Inspection Services
At Nonprofit Home Inspections, we provide a range of home inspection services to help homebuyers and homeowners uncover problems that could pose a health hazard or cause serious issues down the road.
Your home is where you will probably spend the most time. It is your retreat after a stressful day at work. It is the place where your children will play. Things like mold and radon testing will help ensure that your environment is safe and healthy. Here is a closer look at some of the other home inspections that we offer.
Mold can be a major health hazard — especially for people with respiratory problems. It is also a major turn-off for home buyers. Consider requesting mold sampling when you are buying or selling a home.
Mold can easily hide wherever there is a moisture problem — behind walls, inside HVAC ductwork, and chimneys — places where it would be very difficult for most people to inspect. Professional mold testing can help find mold wherever it is hiding.
To get reliable mold testing results, you need an inspector who is certified by the International Association of Certified Indoor Air Consultants (IAC2). All of our inspectors have IAC2 certification. This extra certification helps ensure that we provide accurate mold testing results.
Radon is a radioactive gas that can cause cancer over a period of time. This gas is a byproduct of decaying uranium. It present in almost all soils and can seep into homes and nearby businesses through cracks in foundations, walls, and floors.
Radon is a silent and deadly killer. The only way to find out for sure whether or not your home has high levels of radon is with radon testing. We believe that all homeowners should have access to testing, which is why we offer FREE radon testing kits to anyone who qualifies.
Imagine moving into your dream home only to have raw sewage backing up inside your sink or shower. Considering that your septic system is underground, it is all but impossible to tell if there is a problem without specialized equipment. At Nonprofit Home Inspections, we provide sewer scopes using state-of-the-art professional-grade video equipment to reveal the true state of your sewer line from the clean-out to the main sewer lateral.
Are You Interested In Becoming A Licensed Milwaukie, OR Home Inspector?
Are you thinking about a new career as a licensed Milkwaukie, OR home inspector? A home inspection offers you the chance for a bright future. There is always a need for home inspection services whether you live in a rural area or large city.
We have partnered with the International Association of Certified Home Inspectors (InterNACHI) to provide Oregon residents with quality home inspector training. We use InterNACHI’s licensed curriculum. Our program is classroom and hands-on training program is approved by the State of Oregon’s Construction Contractors Board.
Schedule Your Milwaukie, OR Home Inspection!
It’s best to schedule your home inspection early in the home-buying process so that you have time for negotiations. With Nonprofit Home Inspections, it couldn’t be easier to schedule a Milwaukie, Oregon home inspection. Use our online scheduling system 24/7 to book an appointment online. If you have questions or would like to talk to us, feel free to contact us at (503) 505-7879.