A home with a swimming pool can be a highly desirable feature for homeowners and potential home buyers. However, pools that have not had proper maintenance or care can be subject to many unsafe conditions: leaks, broken steps, faulty ladders, blocked drainage systems, unsafe diving boards, failing heaters, dangerous deck surfaces, missing electrical bonding, and more. Before purchasing a home with a pool it is important to have a professional pool inspection. A Certified Pool and Spa Inspector can alert you to items that need repair or potential hazards that may arise based on the current state of the pool.
Our trained and certified Pool and Spa inspectors will evaluate the pool and spa, its current condition and its accessible components. Our Certified Pool and Spa Inspectors check over 100 items as part of each pool inspection to generate an easy-to-understand, digital report that will be delivered to you on the day of the inspection.
Our inspection of the pool is a non-invasive, visual inspection.
Our inspection includes:
General Pool Components:
- Condition of the pool vessel and surface
- Visible Water Condition
- Drains & Inlets
- Skimmers & Weirs
- Deck and Deck Drains
- Deck Coping
- Tile Band
- Pool Steps & Means of Egress
- Jump / Diving Board
- Ladder or Grab Rail
The Plumbing System:
- Circulation pumps
- Visible plumbing valves and pipes
- Chlorine generators and other methods of water sanitation
- Filters and filter components
- Filter pressure
- Backwash valves
- Visible Signs of Leaks in Circulation System
- Spa temperature
The Heating System:
- Pool and spa heaters
- Heater safety devices and features
- Heater controls
The Electrical System:
- Electrical panel and visible wiring
- Receptacles & Switches
- Timers and other controls
- Pool lights
- Visible Grounding and Bonding
- Check for the presence of GFCI protection
The Barrier System:
- Accessible Alarms
Our inspection DOES NOT include:
- Any component that is not visible. This includes underground plumbing and electrical wiring. Anything that is not accessible, is obstructed, or is not visible at the time of the inspection will not be inspected.
- Any system that is shut down or turned off. We will not energize or turn on system that has been shut down. We will not operate gas valves that have been shut off.
- We will not perform any leak detection tests.
- The adequacy, sizing or capacity of any system or component.
- The presence or status of any building permits.
- Determining whether or not systems and equipment were installed according to manufacturer guidelines and applicable building codes. This is not a code inspection.
- Estimation or projection of remaining service life and future pool performance. Our inspection is not a guarantee or warranty. Any system can fail at any time.