Home Inspection Tigard, Oregon
Home Inspection Tigard Oregon
Home Inspection Tigard Oregon — Are you buying a home? Make sure you are making a sound investment by hiring a qualified Tigard, OR home inspector. A home inspection can help you uncover serious issues like foundation cracks and major ventilation issues in the attic.
A home inspection is a great investment for sellers, as well. It can make you aware of problems that could potentially derail a sale later on. That way, you can proactively deal with them, before you put the house on the market.
Tigard, OR Home Inspectors
Whether you are buying or selling a home, you want an inspector who knows the ins and outs of home construction. Nonprofit Home Inspections is one of the top rated home inspection companies in Tigard, Oregon. Read our customers’ reviews to see why we are so highly rated.
We serve the entire Tigard, OR and surrounding areas of Beaverton, Aloha, Portland and more.. Our highly-qualified team performs all kinds of home inspections including mold sampling and sewer scopes.
We offer affordable home inspection services. Because we are a nonprofit company, we are able to offer a sliding fee scale to our customers who might not otherwise be able to afford a home inspection. Check out this link to see if you qualify. We also offer FREE radon testing to families that qualify. Contact us for more details.
Home Inspector Tigard Oregon
What Is A Full Home Inspection?
A Tigard, OR home inspection is a visual examination of the components of your home. So, what are we looking for when we examine your home’s crawl space, basement or attic? We are searching for things that could lead to costly repairs, like roof leaks and structural issues. We also keep an eye out for any potential safety issues that could jeopardize you or your family’s health. We’ll check out the quality of your home’s maintenance and construction. As a bonus, we also share tips with you on how to care for your particular home so that you can save money down the road on home maintenance. Here is an in-depth look at just of a few of the things that a home inspection covers:
- Exterior and site. We’ll inspect the exterior of the home to see if it is doing its job of providing protection from the elements. Some of the things that we look at include drainage, gutters, flashing, windows, siding, and foundation.
- We’ll make sure that your electrical system is properly installed. Safety is one of the primary things that we look for when checking out your electrical system. We’ll make sure the home has properly working smoke and fire detectors and that they are correctly installed in the right places. We’ll look for ground fault interrupters, which are special electrical plugs that prevent electrocution. We’ll make sure they are located in areas where water is present, like in kitchens and bathrooms.
- We’ll carefully examine your stairs to make sure that they are at the right height and angle. Another thing we look for is guard and handrails on stairs.
- We’ll carefully examine your roof to find installation defects and to document normal wear and tear. We’ll check any openings, like skylights and chimneys to make sure that they are free of debris and properly flashed.
- If you have fireplaces, we’ll take a look to make sure that they are properly vented. We’ll also inspect wood-burning fireplaces to help identify potential safety hazards.
- Water heater. Water heaters can be expensive to replace. We’ll let you know if it has been installed properly and give you more information about its expected life. We’ll also look at the safety of your water heater and make sure it is set at the right temperature.
- When buying a home, you want to make sure the plumbing works as it should. As part of this process, we’ll check your water pressure and drainage.
- Heating and air conditioning system (HVAC). No one wants to move into a home in the winter only to find out in the summer that the air conditioning is not working properly and will require an expensive repair to fix. When you have a home inspection, we’ll thoroughly check out your HVAC system to make sure it works properly.
- It is important to make sure that all appliances are vented properly. When appliances are not vented as they should be, carbon monoxide can build up in a home. It also represents a fire hazard. We’ll check gas water heaters, clothes dryers, and heaters to see if they are properly vented.
Home Inspection Tigard OR
Additional Home Inspection Services
The following home inspections will help you identify other problems in your home that a full home inspection does not cover.
As members of the International Association of Certified Indoor Air Consultants, we are able to provide mold testing services. If there is a mold problem in your house, we’ll get to the bottom of it. Mold often hides in bathroom ceilings, walls, vents and more. Mold spore sampling of the air can help identify potential mold problems that are not visible to the naked eye.
Radon is a deadly radioactive gas that enters homes through tiny cracks in basement floors, foundations, construction joints, and other openings. It can also move into underground and surface water. Being exposed to radon over a period of five years or more can lead to lung cancer, according to the American Cancer Society. Many homes have elevated levels of radon. In fact, high radon levels have been found in homes in every state in the U.S. Fortunately, radon can be easily and inexpensively mitigated if it is found. However, radon testing is needed to determine if it is present in a home. The gas is colorless, odorless and tasteless so there is no way to detect it otherwise.
Contact Us To Schedule Your Tigard, OR Home Inspection
Call us at 503-505-7879 if you have any questions. We are always glad to answer any questions or concerns. For the ultimate convenience, schedule your Tigard home inspection 24/7 online.