Home Inspection Gladstone, Oregon
Home Inspection Gladstone, Oregon: We provide the Gladstone, OR area with high-quality home inspections, sewer scopes, mold testing, radon testing, and oil tank sweeps.
Are you in the process of buying a new home? Getting a home inspection is an important part of the home-buying process. A home inspection will help you understand the true condition of the home that you are planning to make a huge investment on. It helps you ensure that your dream home isn’t actually a money pit. It can also provide you with an “out” if the home has major issues.
Home inspections are helpful for sellers too. If you want to sell your home for the best possible price and as quickly as possible, then a home inspection can help make that a reality. It provides you with a list of problems that you can take care of before you place your house on the market. Taking care of things proactively will help the buying process go a lot smoother.
Gladstone, Oregon Home Inspectors
Nonprofit Home Inspections is the leader in providing high-quality home inspections in the Gladstone area. We spend the time necessary to perform a detailed thorough home inspection of your property. Our home inspectors are licensed in the state of Oregon to provide home inspections, and we hold a variety of industry certifications.
As a nonprofit company, our main goal is to ensure that our neighbors have a safe and comfortable place to live. Our inspectors are trustworthy, knowledgeable and skilled, prompt and thorough. You can count on us to personable and friendly. We are willing to answer any questions or concerns that you might have about your home inspection. We want to ensure that you have comprehensive information about the condition of your property.
Because we want to make quality home inspections accessible to all, we offer a price that everyone can afford. Our sliding fee scale ensures that lower-income families can afford home inspections too.
What Does A Full Home Inspection Include?
A home inspection is a visual examination of the condition of your property. It covers all of the major components of a home, such as the foundation, roof, and plumbing. Here are some of the questions that a home inspection can help answer:
- What is the condition and age of the roof? Is there normal wear and tear for the age? Are there any buckling or missing shingles?
- Is there any evidence of water penetration in the attic? Is there enough insulation?
- Is the electrical system safe? Are there any indications of fire hazards? Are there ground-fault circuit interrupter (GFCI) outlets near water sources? Are there any exposed or damaged wires?
- What kind of shape is the plumbing in? Do the toilets, sinks, and showers all drain properly? What kind of piping is in the house? Are there any water stains on the floors or ceilings?
- Is the home structurally sound? Are there any cracks in the foundation? Does the side of the house appear straight? Are the windows and doors square?
- Are there cracks in exterior siding, stucco, or masonry?
- What is the condition of the exterior paint or stain?
- Are driveways, walkways, and patios in good condition?
- Are the railings on decks and stairs secure?
- How old is the heating and air conditioning system (HVAC)? Has the furnace been properly maintained and serviced?
- Is the grading and drainage around the home okay? Does the ground slope away from the home’s foundation? Are all of the downspouts in good shape?
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) About Gladstone, Oregon Home Inspections
Can You Find Everything Wrong With The House?
Although a home inspection is very comprehensive, it is important to keep in mind that it can’t find everything wrong with the property. Specialized testing is needed to confirm the presence of certain things, like mold for instance. Radon is another thing that we cannot find without additional testing. We recommend adding on radon testing and mold testing as they can reveal issues that might later cause health or structural issues.
Do You Offer Mobile Home Inspections?
Yes! We offer mobile home inspections and we recommend them for all mobile home buyers. Our home inspectors have earned the Mobile Home Inspector certification by the International Association of Certified Home Inspectors (InterNACHI). Also, we are licensed by the Oregon State Department of Agriculture to conduct Pest and Dry Rot Inspections. These are important inspections for mobile home and they are required by some government-backed mortgage loans.
What Is An Oil Tank Sweep?
An oil tank sweep is an add-on inspection that looks for buried oil tanks. There are more than 500,000 buried oil tanks in the United States, according to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). Because of the potential costs associated with a leaking tank, buried oil tanks pose a serious threat to homeowners. These tanks can leak over time and contaminate nearby water supplies. The cleanup associated with buried oil tanks can be quite expensive. An oil tank sweep searches for buried oil tanks using specialized equipment including metal detectors and ground penetrating radar.
What Kind Of Professional Credentials Do Your Gladstone, OR Home Inspectors Hold?
Our home inspectors have various certifications and credentials. All of them are certified to conduct home inspections in the Gladstone, OR area. Here are just a few of the credentials that our various inspectors have:
- EPA Certified Lead-Based Paint Renovation Contractor
- Certified Oregon Home Inspector
- Certified Master Inspector
- Department of Energy – Home Energy Score Assessor
- International Association of Certified Indoor Air Consultants
- Licensed Ltd Plumbing Inspector
- OSHA Certified
- Certified Home Energy Inspector
- Licensed Structural Pest Inspector
- EPA Certified Lead-Based Paint Renovation Contractor
- Infrared Certified Thermographer
- Licensed General Contractor
Do you have more questions about home inspections in Gladstone, Oregon? We’ve got answers. Contact us at 503-505-7879 or email us at your convenience. You can also easily schedule your inspection online at your convenience 24/7.
Service Type: Home Inspection | Service Area: Gladstone, OR
Gladstone, OR Resources: City of Gladstone, OR | Gladstone, OR Wikipedia | City of Gladstone, OR Facebook